Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Appreciation



I was walking the dog to go get coffee a couple of days ago and I saw that someone wrote (painted?  I'm not sure how it was written on the brick--maybe it's chalk?  hopefully) this on the side of a building near the cafĂ©.  I'm not a proponent of people defacing property but this graffiti made me chuckle as you can imagine.

Thanks to those of you who've enjoyed the first book, "Maximum Buns"!

If you haven't gotten it yet, get it!  It's now available through Barnes and Noble as well as Smashwords and (soon) other outlets as well.  "Maximum Buns" has a page on Goodreads now too.  As I mentioned in another post, this whole e-publishing thing is new to me and I'll try to make notes and keep up-to-date as much as possible as the books become available via different platforms for every kind of electronic device imaginable.

The second e-book coming up, "Optimum Buns", will be here before you know it and will be even better than the first book.  The new secondary character, Vince, is.....just as boner-inducing as Max is.  They're different from each other but a lot of you guys might end up liking him just as much (possibly more?) than the Max character.  I just have to make sure that Vince doesn't hijack the Buns books entirely.  Max and Vince will be the central, main characters of the books and will be sharing the stage (literally) as the series goes along.  Two different types of guys with very different perspectives and personalities.  I have an outline as to where the storylines will be heading and I'm really liking the directions that Mr. Gregg, Kara, Carlo, Jeff, and (the thoroughly pitiful as you will see) Evan are going towards.  Mr. Gregg is surprisingly vulnerable and Kara will explain herself more as the series moves forward (I respect her character a lot).

I will be updating the Main Characters page a little bit here and there from time to time, especially as more of the Buns series books are released.

A sneak peek at the cover for the second book, "Optimum Buns" is here and I really love it!


A very special "thank you" to S.O. for doing the illustrations for this series.  He was also generous enough to do a profile illustration of me (we're old friends) for my Smashwords page and it gets to the point I think!


I hope to keep him onboard until the last book so that the cover styles stay consistent.  I think that the tone of his work meshes perfectly with the Max stories!  If I bribe him with a Thai food dinner once or twice a month, I have a feeling that he won't vanish on me.  Again, thank you, S.O. for contributing your talent to the book covers.

I was hoping to have "Optimum Buns" available by the end of July but, let's face it, August is a lot more realistic.

6 comments:

  1. Spreading out to new outlets? Nice! I hope your writing is very successful. I mean, who doesn't love super sized man booty? Love the two pairs of balloons and the dangerously pointy building in the cover. As well as the nice, well rounded letters in the title. The subtlety is not wasted! Give your illustrator a good rump squeeze for me. He does good work! Looking forward to "optimizing" my Buns book collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad that you like that next cover; S.O. did a wonderful job on it. I'll send him a link to this post so that he can read the nice comments. :)

      Delete
  2. Posted a comment, but it evaporated into the ether, apparently. Just wanted to say that I'm glad to see your work at Barnes & Noble, since I have an account there and usually read in Nook format. Keep posting updates whenever you feel the impulse. Even just reading a little discussion about the Buns books often sets off my fantasy thinking and gets me to thinking about what I hope to read in the next volume. And a question: When you update the Main Characters page, will that push it to the top of the blog, or should I check the Main Characters page in its present position to see whether or not it's been updated? Thanks for all your great stories (and the new ones to come). Very much looking forward to the next volume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that readers prefer certain formats/files over others because of devices or they want to go with specific distribution platforms. I'm trying to cover by bases! ha As for the Main Character page, whenever I add a little bit to it, the blog won't automatically push the updated page to the top. So there's a link to the Main Characters page on the side in case you want to visit over there from time to time without having to scroll around. Thanks for the kind words. The upcoming stories are very raunchy and will be pushing the overall narrative forward in interesting ways. Even though the Max/Buns stories are fantasies, there's still a lot of truth in them!

      Delete
  3. How about an update (for better or worse), just to keep our hopes alive? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete